Downloading and Upgrading Zoom
· Download Zoom for PC here: https://us02web.zoom.us/client/latest/ZoomInstaller.exe
· It is recommended that you attend GA Online from a Desktop or laptop computer with the latest Zoom client installed.
For information on updating your Zoom client watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7zERcVLUBM
How to Use Zoom
· How to join a Zoom Meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIkCmbvAHQQ
· How to configure your audio and video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s76QHshQnY
Looking and Sounding Your Best on Zoom
Here are some tips on how to appear great on Zoom.
· Lighting is critical. If you can, sit facing a big window. Natural light is almost always better than artificial light. Make sure the light source is in front of you, not behind you, so you don’t get accidentally silhouetted.
· Control your background. Be mindful of what is in your background. Can you position yourself in front of a blank wall? At least pick something clean and neutral, without busy patterns. Or for the more tech savvy you can electronically change your background: https://youtu.be/3Zq-b51A3dA?t=37
· Position the camera right. Ideally, you want the camera to be straight on or slightly above you, pointing downward for the most flattering angle. If the camera is angled up at you, you’ll show off your nose hair and a lot of chin.
· Fill the frame. Position yourself so you’re squarely in the middle of the frame, with your nicely lit, smiling face filling up at least one-third of the space.
· Wearing a headset with a microphone, even a basic cheap set, improves your sound quality dramatically.
· If using a Tablet you will want to prop your device in a way that you will be comfortable with viewing it all day. You may also like to have your charger close by.
To test your setup you can visit: https://zoom.us/test